Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's Day here!  Full of absolutely zero crafting.  Bittersweet.  I'm learning a lot about cutting myself some slack lately but that's another post. :)

The day before, my friend Emily hosted a wonderful party for the preschool age neighborhood kids who weren't having parties at school.  Well, Kyler was having a party but he was home on Wednesday so he got to come. :)
You'll have to excuse the iphone photos but I had to take pictures of the table.  She's amazing and the kids looooved it.  I don't think Carson had a clue what was going on, except that it was a party and there was lots of candy involved. 
Important lesson of the day: It's okay that I'm terrible at giving my kids experiences like these.  Because I have amazing talented friends. ;)
 Those are marshmallows dipped in chocolate AND white chocolate/sprinkle dipped pretzels. Seriously. 

Yes.  Those are my boys with their hoods up.  I can't explain them.  I don't try to.

Darby and Kyler both had parties at school and all three kids came home on serious sugar highs. 

My sweet valentine woke up and made us french toast and brought me a HUGE triple-shot caramel macchiato (I must have seemed extra grumpy that morning.)  We spent the evening eating Chipotle and hanging out as a family.  Don't worry, Conor and I are going out on Saturday - I can't wait! :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment