Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dot Paint

With this crazy Texas heat, we've had to work hard to find ways to keep three kiddos busy in the air conditioning.  We've spent a lot more time inside than I anticipated this Summer.  I heard the high today was only 105 down from the weekend.  We're somewhere around 70 days over 100 degrees this Summer.  They're calling it the hottest Summer on record.  And still - I'll take it over a Philly winter any day.

These kids love to paint.  They love it. But, Ky doesn't fully understand how to use watercolors yet.  And I have a confession to make.  I HATE finger paint.  I hate it.  It makes a huge mess and it's gooey and they try to taste it and did I mention how messy it is?

BUT

While walking the aisles of Michael's the other day, I found....dot paint.  I'd forgotten such wonderful things existed.  It's less messy, no bowls of water to tip over, and Kyler can do it without help (which is important for Mr "I do it by self" right now).   So fun.


Darby still opts for watercolor sometimes.


One of her paintings.  She wrote "Pappy" all by herself.  She was so proud.  I had to take a picture so that we could give it to Pappy and still preserve the cuteness of the upside down and backwards lettering.


Where was Carson?  Trying to climb on top of the table and eat the paints.  He has discovered that he can climb on the dining room table.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment